Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Cole would much rather play baseball.  Reading involves sitting still for TOO long!
The helpful little gardner.
SOO difficult to get a family picture!!!
Cole apparently couldn't wait!
I Love that Jamin is the ONLY one looking.  Both boys want the CAKE!


  For Jamin's 27th we decided to make a cake, rather than buy our usual ice cream cake.  I found 3 recipes and of course Jamin picks the one with the most steps involved, and he made sure there was not a use for processed items.  (AKA..Betty Crocker mix ,and its oh so yummy frosting!)  I have always used some type of mix and added to it, but this time the term "scratch"  was the complete truth!!!  I say that I am good at following directions, not great, but at least I am honest.  The first time I attempted potato soup I put in 2 1/2 Tablespoons instead of Teaspoons...oops!  I was very careful this time, and the chocolate sour cream cake with chocolate butter frosting and filling was a success.  I saved the recipe, but told Jamin that it was only for VERY special occasions.  Odds are, I won't have an hour to prepare it with two little "helpers" around!  :)  Jamin is VERY special to us, so he was way worth it!  Happy Birthday, and we Love you a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers